Standard Bank Group Challenge
– Transform the performance management philosophy and approach across the Group
As part of a strategic decision to “build the leading African Financial Services organisation using all our competitive advantages to the full”, Standard Bank Group embarked on an end-to-end revamping of its performance management philosophy and approach. Realising that the Group’s performance depended on:
- how clear strategic direction and objectives are communicated, aligned and cascaded,
- fewer and more impactful goals per Business Unit, function, team and individual,
- a high-engagement culture around performance monitoring and evaluation,
- rewarding differentiated performance,
- identifying and developing talent, the Enduring Performance project team designed and implemented a performance management approach that will ensure sustainable business performance.
Aplocure’s role as part of this project team was to:
- help scope and plan the required transformation approach,
- design and facilitate scoping and stakeholder engagement workshops,
- design and facilitate leadership skills development workshops,
- translate the performance management principles and approach into inspiring and practical communication and education formats – guides, easy-aid resources, performance management simulations, executive sponsorship audio-visual productions, internal awareness and communication campaigns.